Free Coding Classes During COVID 19
During this time it can be hard to think about anything other than what is going on in the news and in our world. This is a tough time for everyone, and for some more than others.
I didn't write this article to try and diminish the severity of our situation, but to help inspire you to level up during this time if you are willing and able to do so.
I am not a doctor nor a financial advisor, and I cannot tell you how to better prepare for the times ahead or what to do in relation to the corona virus.
What I can offer however are some free courses I've stumbled across that I think will be of great value for those that are willing to put in the time to learn!
Free Is My Favorite!
One of the only positive outcomes that have risen out of this pandemic is the vast amount of online education that companies are offering for free right now to help alleviate boredom and grow your skills.
I am a huge advocate for online learning and personal growth, and what better way is there to learn then to learn for FREE!
Below is a list of resources you can sign up for right now which will help you learn to code.
- Harvard's CS50: Introduction to Computer Science
- Harvard's CS50's Mobile App Development with React Native
- Harvard's CS50's Introduction to Game Development
- Harvard's CS50's Introduction to Artificial Intelligence with Python
- Harvard's Data Science: Machine Learning
- Coursera Coding Courses (offering free courses through May 31, 2020)
- Free Code Camp (always free but they are a great resource for learning)
- Pluralsight (free through April)
- Design Code - Learn to Design and Code (a few of the courses are free)
As you may have noticed Harvard University has many courses you can take online with the majority of them being free (all of the ones listed above are free).
Aside from these, Youtube is a great place to also learn new skills!
Now Go Learn!
I hope you find some of these courses valuable! I will be using some of them myself as well. I have heard good things about Harvard's CS50 classes and am excited to enroll in one!
If you do decide to take up one of these courses, let me hear about it! Who knows, maybe we will take one together! Also if you'd like to see some of my other posts checkout my personal blog!